Welcome to CoSADIE - Collaborative and Sustainable Astronomical Data Infrastructure for Europe
is part of the international Virtual Observatory
(VO) effort to maintain a comprehensive infrastructure for finding, querying, and accessing astronomical data. We are organized as a Coordination Action supported by EU in the framework of the FP7 initiative (Call INFRA-2012-3.3 Research Infrastructures, project 312559)
The project will run from 1 September 2012 through 31 August 2014. It is centred on the development of strategies and coordination structures, through a feasibility study for a sustainable European Virtual Observatory giving access to the open, highly diverse, highly distributed data holdings of astronomy. It also aims at disseminating results among and gathering requirements from the scientific community (users) and the data providers. It will co-ordinate European technical activities, and includes the promotion and monitoring of international standards, and their adoption through the International Virtual Observatory Alliance IVOA. Co-operation and interface with the grid and cloud will also be assessed. Specific care will be taken to consolidate the high impact VObs outreach activities towards education and the general public.
CoSADIE succeeds the Coordination Action Euro-VO International Cooperation Empowerment
(EuroVO-ICE), which ended on 31 August 2012, the Integrated Infrastructure Initiative Euro-VO Astronomical Infrastructure for Data Access
(EuroVO-AIDA, 2008-2010), and the FP6 Coordination Action Euro-VO Data Centre Allliance
This site doubles as the web-based collaboration area of the project.
- Project start: 1 September 2012
- WP2: Increasing awareness and gathering requirements from the user and provider communities
- WP3: Coordinating technical activities and defining the technical needs to maintain the VO Framework
- WP4: Outreach towards education and the general public interested in astronomy
- WP5: Strategy, governance and financial sustainability of Euro-VO
CoSADIE Web Utilities
- TWiki® is a registered trademarks of TWiki founder Peter Thoeny, Twiki, Inc.. The TWiki logo and the "Collaborate with TWiki" tagline are trademarks of Peter Thoeny.
- Twiki (with a lower case "w") is a robot character from the Buck Rogers™ in the 25th Century TV series. TWiki (with an upper case "W") is not affiliated with the Dille Family Trust, the registered trademark owner of the Buck Rogers name.
- TWiki is developed as Free Software under the GNU/GPL.
- Get the latest TWiki release from TWiki.org.